I presented my thoughts about contracting any conversations at a PMI UK meeting at Bournemouth Uni on 16th Jan 2020. I expressed that
1. Intentions come from inside of us; they are different to objective aims
2. Motivation (intrinsic motivation) gives energy to our intentions.
3. Our intentions are not necessarily other people's intentions, so how can we start to contract for some shared intentions before we actually have a conversation?
- At the end of project kickoff meetings, how clear are shared intentions?
- How often do we talk about motivation with others and how can we do that?
- There are probably times we do 'contract' for conversations - e.g. going to the pub, networking - shall we become more conscious about when and how we contract?